Saturday, January 24, 2009

Overcome Your Fears


This week I was flying beside a woman who had never flown before and was having a panic attack. She was crying, praying and making some really weird sounds as the plane took off. I think she held her breath during the one hour flight and jumped at every sound the plane made.

When we were safely on the ground, she said that it really wasn't so bad and admitted that she would fly again.

When you do something new, does this ever happen to you, even in a small way. Remembering the quote from the Course in Miracles always helps me when I do some of the crazy things I do (like parachuting or flying a powered parachute). "If you only knew who walks beside you, every day, on this path that you have chosen, you would never experience fear or doubt again."

No comments: